Preventative Summer Maintenance for HVAC
Spring is the perfect time to ensure your HVAC is functioning effectively and efficiently before the Summer months arrive.
With warmer temperatures (hopefully) around the corner, having a routine preventative maintenance plan in place ahead of the Summer months is imperative to prevent problems that may arise from the added pressure of the changing season. This is where a ‘Preventative Summer Maintenance Plan’ comes into play, having a clear plan will help to ensure your equipment is working effectively, and to maximum efficiency. It will also give us the opportunity to identify any jobs that are a priority.with a detailed report outlining the works needed to rectify any areas that may need repair or replacement.
The worst time for an air conditioning unit to malfunction is in July or August. You want to prevent this at all costs by completing preventive maintenance tasks. Other areas of indoor maintenance management for summer could include plumbing, health and safety, electrical, and energy, depending on the scope of your facilities management plan.
Below we look into the various checks that should be completed as part of your HVAC routine maintenance schedule:
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Indoor HVAC Maintenance Checks\
There are a number of indoor maintenance checks that should be completed, these are:
- Check your filters are cleaned or replaced.
- Remove any debris, and dirt that may have built-up on outdoor units, which can degrade the parts, create an odour, or distribute allergens.
- Check your thermostat temperatures to ensure the system is cooling as it should be—set a target cooling temperature and replace or upgrade them if needed.
Outdoor HVAC Maintenance Checks
There are also a number of outdoor maintenance checks that should be completed, these are:
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils as required.
- Ensure all drainage areas are clear to ensure there are no air leaks or dripping which could indicate bigger problems, such as air intake or cooler tank issues.
- Check for correct refrigerant levels. Low refrigerant levels could burn out your compressor, resulting in costly repairs or replacement.
- Oil motors as needed.
There are many other maintenance plans and checks that we can complete for our clients as a full service facilities management company, such as inspecting plumbing, electrical components, smoke alarms and general building maintenance.
The benefits of Preventative Maintenance for your business
At Bry-kol Building Services, we know how to correctly care for your equipment and optimise it to save energy without loss of indoor comfort. Our facilities management plans will help to ensure we keep your heating and cooling equipment in tip-top shape. To schedule a HVAC maintenance checkup or join us as a facilities management client, you can get in touch with our friendly team today: 01782 577991